Of course, you want to rank higher on Google with your website and SEO is essential to apply search engine optimization in the right way. These SEO tips contribute to the SEO of your website.
Apply SEO Optimization to Your Website
- First, determine what your most important search terms and keywords are on which your services and products should be found. Use here for the Google keyword tool that provides useful information and relevant keywords and the monthly searches for them.
- Write down your most important keywords in an Excel overview and keep this up to date. (So also think about the competition and monthly searches. A keyword that is only searched 150 times is more difficult for SEO optimization than a keyword that is searched 850 times with the low or normal competition. After this, you determine per page, service, or product, which keywords should be included in your web pages.
- For SEO optimization, Google likes it if the search term on which you want to be found is in that URL.
- Choose the page titles carefully! The page title is an important place to enter your search terms. Google makes these keywords bold if this search term is in the page title. This will make you stand out faster on a Google page.
- Use H1, H2, H3, and H4 heading tags, or the headings and subheadings above the paragraphs in your texts. Your website visitors can therefore scan your texts faster and extract the most important search terms. These subheadings are also important for SEO optimization and include your most important search terms and keywords where possible (without exaggerating).
- Provide short and powerful paragraphs with the most important keywords incorporated into the content. Here and there you can make the most important keywords bold or italicized so that both Google and your website visitor can quickly index and scan the texts. Make sure that your most important keywords are in the top ‘half’ of your web page as much as possible.
- Write catchy and SEO-optimized “meta tag descriptions” that will appear in the HTML code at the back of your website. This preset meta tag description is then literally shown in Google in the search results. A catchy and well-thought-out meta tag description also promotes click-through rates, so people will click on your link faster and that’s what you want!
- Adding ‘alt tags’ is a detail where you can give the photos you use on your website an appropriate (SEO) name. If your website visitors hover over the photo, the text that you have linked to it will appear there. So if you are smart, you will also add an important SEO search term here. If you have a website or webshop with many photos, Google can also include these in the image results.
- This SEO tip is also very important for optimal SEO optimization of your website! Be careful not to write lengthy texts, because website visitors generally do not like long texts, they want to know quickly whether you can help them or her or whether the information is relevant to what they are looking for. So divide your web texts into short paragraphs of no more than 6 lines and put appropriate subheadings above them (see SEO tip 5). Use images to bring the necessary variation to the page, because people are visually oriented and photos complete the text.
- Link building is very good for your SEO optimization! Try to get a link to your website on relevant sites that are inherent to your business to a greater or lesser extent. Choose websites that have a fairly high page rank. The more of these ‘important’ sites pointing and linking to your website, the better this is for your online findability.
If you still have questions about your own SEO optimization after reading these 10 SEO tips, go to our page or request one, so that we can map out all the areas for improvement for SEO for your website.